Sculpture by the Lakes
Set in 26 acres of Dorset’s most serene landscape, Sculpture by the Lakes has been described as one of the most beautiful sculpture parks in Britain. Boasting over 30 iconic works by renowned British sculptor Simon Gudgeon, the park also features the fully-licensed Gallery Cafe, plus three private picnic venues, a stunning riverside event space, meandering woodland and stream-side paths and walks around gardens, three lakes and the River Frome. Sculpture by the Lakes is also home to the recently launched Winter Art School with a wide range of excellent art and craft courses, plus the Garden Lecture Programme which runs throughout the year, and regular yoga and meditation retreats.
Pallington, Dorchester, Dorset DT2 8QU
Art & Inspiration at Sculpture By the Lakes
We have put together a fascinating range of courses and workshops at our new Winter Art School, covering a comprehensive range of ne arts, craft and applied arts, from oil painting, drawing, hand-knit design, through to stone carving and wood engraving. Our tutors are some of the most respected and skilled in their eld as well as being excellent teachers.
Here are just a few examples of our courses and more will follow:
– Botanical Illustration with Julia Trickey
– Exploring Calligraphy with Gaynor Goffe
– Introduction to Acrylics with Andrew Denman
– Design from Nature for Handknitting with Sasha Kagan
– Creative Photography with Jacqui Hurst
– Lino Printing with Hugh Dunford Wood
– Oil Painting with Guy Combes
– Creative Writing with Ruth Brandt
– Watercolour for Beginners with Stephen Yates
For more details and to see all the other courses visit www.sculpturebythelakes.co.uk