This year we’re looking for TWO roles: an Assistant Director and an Event Coordinator.
The Assistant Director will be expected to take a lead role in managing the event, while the Event Coordinator will be the main liaison agent with all our collaborators (artists, advertisers, designer, map-maker, printers, etc.) but both roles require initiative and commitment to delivering the event.
Duration of both roles: late-May to early September 2016.
Duration of actual BOS-2016 event: Bridport Open Studios 2016 will take place for 10 days from 20-29 August 2016.
Hours required for each role: 16 hours (2 days) a week for 13 weeks (can be split into ½ days if viable with the BOS Team).
Work days will need to be coordinated with the BOS Team, as the event requires close collaboration between the various members of the team. Please provide your calendar of holidays, child-care and other part-time work over the May to September period.
Pay: £7.20 per hour at 8 to 16 hours per week.
Please Provide: Your C.V. plus Personal Statement and indicate which role you would prefer.
Contact: BOS Director Kit Glaisyer at firstname.lastname@example.org and 07983 465789
To plan and successfully deliver Bridport Open Studios working as a Team with the Director, Assistant Director, Event Coordinator and Designer, while liaising with participating Artists and Advertisers. You must be able to give 2 days a week (16 hours) and to be flexible nearer the event (20-29 August 2016). This job is particularly suited to people with experience of event management or administrative experience, but is also a great opportunity for recent graduates and those interested in gaining vital experience in Arts Administration and Management roles in the Art World.
– Be a team player
– Administrative and/or Event experience is desirable
– Familiarity with Gmail and Google Calendar/Docs
– Good typing skills recommended, including decent grammar, speed and accuracy
– Adaptable to multiple roles, including liaising with Artists, Advertisers, Press, plus Sales & Promotion
– Ideally you have a clean driving licence, as distribution help with Guides may be needed
– Works to deadlines successfully
– Creatively minded
Roles of the Assistant Director and Event Coordinator
To help to prepare and plan for the event, this will include:
– Help update the entry forms for Artists & Advertisers for 2016
– Liaise with participating Artists & Advertisers throughout the event, via email and telephone
– To ring, email & make personal visits to businesses in the local area to for advertising/ sponsorship
– Manage an Excel sheet of all Artists payment and chasing those who need to pay.
To work with the BOS Team & liaise with Designer and Map-Maker to produce 44-page Guide:
– Collating all artists information and arranging it ready for the Guide
– Checking/ naming all artists images
– Ideally you will have experience of working with InDesign, Word and Photoshop
– Liaising with the Designer and Map Maker thoroughly checking through proofs and maps
– Proof-read multiple drafts of the Guide and making final design sign-off
To work with Print companies to produce the Guides / Signage:
– Email/ meet in person with Print companies to produce smart looking Guides, Posters & Arrows
To work with the BOS Team to manage the website, social media and marketing:
– To communicate effectively with the BOS Team to update and manage the website
– To manage the social media using Hootsuite including: Twitter & Facebook
– To plan and execute an effective marketing campaign in local and regional press
– To laisse with local and regional Press against deadlines
6” x 9” Exhibition
– To liaise with the venue (currently undecided) to ensure a successful 6” x 9” exhibition
– To help manage sales of 6” x 9”
– To help hang the 6 x 9 exhibition
– Post exhibition – to ensure safe delivery of any unsold 6” x 9” sales back to St Michael’s Studios and for artists to be contacted regarding sales.
Leading up to the Bridport Open Studios Launch & 10-day Event
– To organise and help with Pack Collection day when Artists pick up their event ‘packs’
– To be available to set up / pack away the Event Launch for Bridport Open Studios
– To help to distribute Guides / Posters / Postcards across the West Country
– To liaise with and deliver posters to local venues including Tourist Information, Arts Centres, etc
– To liaise with artist’s after the event via feedback forms
– To help chase any late payments
Here’s a copy of the Bridport & West Dorset Open Studios 2015 Guide as a PDF: BOS2015-WebSinglePageView